Rainbow Adult Living is an innovative private nonprofit agency who serves adults with disabilities who live in their own homes throughout the Metro Portland area. We are more than an agency; we are a team of people who are in the business of changing people’s lives by assisting them in being as independent as possible within their community. We are seeking confident, unique, creative and dependable employees with the desire to assist the people we serve to live healthy and fulfilling lives. Applicants must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and responsible.
We have a variety of open positions in our Residential Programs.
These positions would include responsibilities in leading engaging, interactive group activities, going on community based group outings to local destinations of interest, ensuring health and safety for all clients, supporting/collaborating/and communicating with staff. Daily accurate documentation and other duties are required in order to carry our Rainbow Adult Living’s general mission of supporting the quality lifestyles for adults with developmental disabilities. Staff must recognize that persons with disabilities have a right to the same opportunities of fulfillment in their lives as persons without disabilities.
- We expect that our employees adhere to the mission of respecting and responding to the choices of people with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to manage clients experiencing crisis situations. Ability to exercise patience and understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with clients, their families and advocates, other service providers, case management, agency administration, program staff and the general public.
- Current driver’s license, acceptable driving record, possession of license for at least 3 years.
- Must be able to use you own vehicle at times for transporting clients/medications.
- Ability to pass criminal background check per State of Oregon standards.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
Rainbow Adult Living offers a competitive benefits plan for all full time employees, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, paid trainings, paid sick leave and vacation time, and when eligible, a 401k plan.
If interested, please apply with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also complete an application, in person, at 16432 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97233, Monday thru Friday, between 10 am – 4 pm.